So tonight Ashley somehow managed to fall down a flight of stairs - she says she slipped on a boat, Marsha Kate said she was crawling up the stairs like a camel or something.
Anyway, she broke her collar bone. This all happened not long before I got home from work. Dad had held her the whole time until I got home (she didn't want him to put her down). Then we loaded her in the van and took her down to the clinic. They gave us a wheelchair when we got there because she didn't want me to put her down. They needed x-rays.
So, we roll her into the room and she is really scared. Given the choice to have the 'pictures' taken standing up, or lying down. She took the bed. But, the x-ray machine scared her, so she had me hold my hand over her eyes and then she calmed right down.
When we got back to the room to wait for the doctor she was scared again. She didn't want to see her bones in the picture. So she wanted her eyes covered again. We waited like that until the doctor came.
She was so brave. Then, as we were looking at the x-rays at the break (I gasped out loud when I saw it-) she decided to look at the picture. She liked it. She said "I like my body" and when I said that it was a cute picture, she said "My bones are cute".
And that's what she is telling everyone now. She has cute bones. I always knew she wasn't just cute on the outside.
So, she has a splint and a bandaid to hold her arm in place until it heals.
The adventure continues :).
Anyway, she broke her collar bone. This all happened not long before I got home from work. Dad had held her the whole time until I got home (she didn't want him to put her down). Then we loaded her in the van and took her down to the clinic. They gave us a wheelchair when we got there because she didn't want me to put her down. They needed x-rays.
So, we roll her into the room and she is really scared. Given the choice to have the 'pictures' taken standing up, or lying down. She took the bed. But, the x-ray machine scared her, so she had me hold my hand over her eyes and then she calmed right down.
When we got back to the room to wait for the doctor she was scared again. She didn't want to see her bones in the picture. So she wanted her eyes covered again. We waited like that until the doctor came.
She was so brave. Then, as we were looking at the x-rays at the break (I gasped out loud when I saw it-) she decided to look at the picture. She liked it. She said "I like my body" and when I said that it was a cute picture, she said "My bones are cute".
And that's what she is telling everyone now. She has cute bones. I always knew she wasn't just cute on the outside.
So, she has a splint and a bandaid to hold her arm in place until it heals.
The adventure continues :).



2 comments:
I do think she is cute inside and out too. I love the story of her "cute" bones. Hope it doesn't bother her for long.
poor Ashly!!!!!!!! I love the "cute" bones story to hope she does not break any more of those "cute" bones!
Post a Comment