Monday, January 14, 2008

Disneyland!






Our house sold, so we decided to surprise the kids with a trip to Disneyland for Christmas. We headed out from Southern Utah where we spent the 'after Christmas' with family at Kate's and we told the kids we were going home a different way. They didn't notice a thing until we hit Las Vegas. Then Marsha Kate looked out and asked about the 'really tall buildings'. Still, they didn't suspect. When we got into the Las Angeles area then they started to ask questions and so we gave them the note and told them where we were going. The first day we went to the San Diego zoo. Then we went to Disneyland and California Adventure. The kids had so much fun and the Christmas decorations were amazing. I loved the Haunted Mansion redone as the Nightmare before Christmas! Dad, of course loved the Tiki room, Marsha Kate got a handshake from Snow White in the Electric Parade, and Matt was in the Jedi Training Academy and fought Darth Maul. We all went to the Animation Academy in Cal. Adv. and an animator taught us all how to draw Winnie the Pooh. Even Ashley was enthralled.

3 comments:

Todd Miller said...

That looks like so much fun! I am so glad you guys were able to do that. What a "magical" time.

crazy grandma said...

Hey, I loved the pictures and I want to see more. You all look very happy.

Kevin said...

Looks fun and great pictures of the trip. Next trip to South Bend? :-)