Saturday, March 21, 2009

Favorite moments in art . . .

This is a picture that Marsha Kate drew. It is one of my favorites. (It's her and Jesus.)



Ashley prefers to work in different media. Here is her latest sculpture.


The girls have a problem with markers. To be clear, I have a problem with the way the girls use markers. Why do we have markers in the house? Hmmm I wonder that myself.




You can see that it starts out on the paper. Then it moves to the table, to the speakers, and eventually . . .


we get to this stage. This is Ashley as "Patrick". So she colored pink all over (because Patrick is a pink starfish). I don't have a picture of Marsha Kate because she was already in the tub, scrubbing off the marker so she would be able to go to school. She was "SpongeBob". Which meant that she colored yellow all over her face, arms, and legs with red freckles on her face. Ahhh, such fun. And since we have that picture of Ashley on here, I feel I must point out her hair. Lest you think I never do their hair, I did an experiment.



Here is Ashley's hair, freshly done.



Two hours later. And not much longer after that it would look like her normal hairstyle (see the above picture with the markers for that).
It is a joy to have such creative and bright kids, I just wish I could keep up with them.

1 comment:

Dori Montoya said...

oh my gosh I miss you guys, your kids make me smile.