On Memorial Day we went with Grandma to put flowers on the graves. First we went to Lehi, to see the Lehi branch of the Kirkham family. They are numerous.
Next we went up to Sandy to see Grandma and Grandpa Kirkham.
I miss them.
I miss them.
It was nice to be able to do this. The only down side was that we missed the Stanton gathering at the Park City cemetery for Grandma and Grandpa Stanton. So next year I would like to do Lehi and Sandy on the Saturday before Memorial Day and then Park City on Memorial Day. We had a talk in church the Sunday before about the importance of linking our younger generations to the older with stories of their lives. Next time I would like to be better prepared with stories of the people we go to see. So that my kids will know that they aren't just tombstones, they are family.



No comments:
Post a Comment