Friday, June 12, 2009

Wedding ring conversation:


I have had my wedding ring for twelve years now. It had been years since I had it cleaned and inspected. When Matt had the girls up at Snowbird I was able to take it in. The prongs on the crown were really worn. In fact, I had noticed one before that looked like it would break. So we decided to replace the crown. I picked up my ring today and it looked just like it did the day Matt proposed in the Salt Lake Airport. It looks absolutely gorgeous again and was the highlight of my day. I was explaining to little Matt why I was excited about it and the conversation when something like this:
Me: "It looks brand new! It had gotten so worn after twelve years. Kind of like me."
Matt: "Too bad they don't have stores like that for Moms."
Me: "To get a brand new shiny mom?"
Matt: "I think they do have those places."
Me : "Really?"
Matt: "Yup. They are called spas. Moms get to have a rest there."
Me: "Well that must be what I need."
Pretty perceptive kid. ;)

1 comment:

crazy grandma said...

We already knew that this kid is a great thinker. Now how do we get you to a spa?